A great deal of online sources is available that help to improve the quality of content as well as writing skills of an individual. These sources rectify the errors and mistakes such as word choice, spelling and grammar errors, verb and tense use, punctuation, in order to make the writing error-free and accurate. Below mentioned are some of the websites that help in improving writing skills:
- Grammarly: Grammarly is an online proofreading tool that aims to correct various grammatical errors including spelling mistakes, punctuation, word style and the like. In addition, this site also checks for plagiarism issues. It is one of the most popular sites among students, writers, professionals, business people, etc. Apart from that, it also guides users to improve their vocabulary range by giving varied suggestions regarding the use of words, synonyms.
- Readability-Score.com: Readability is one of the most important factors when it comes to effective writing. Writing is only considered of high quality when the content of writing is readable and can be understood by readers. This website aims to improve readability of the writing, no matter how complicated or simple the topic is. Using difficult language and heavy phrases can make the writing unclear and hence prevent readers to continue reading it. This online tool proves to be very beneficial in making the writing more precise, logical and clear.
- NoRedInk.com: This website provides online classes for English and grammar to students in order to improve their language and writing skills. The tutorials provided by this site are easy to follow and understand. As well, it also guides users on correcting the mistakes they made while writing.
- HowJSay.com: This online tool is basically a talking dictionary that pronounces all kinds of words that user find difficult to pronounce. An individual just have to click on the word so as to hear how it is pronounced in the correct manner. This website helps in making the individual proficient in writing. Once the student learns how the word is correctly pronounced, he is able to spell it, which in turn makes him able to use it in conversation or writing.
- The Online Slang Dictionary: On this website, one can understand the meaning of any slang. Slang and Colloquial language are common in daily conversation, so it is important to learn what they actually mean and how they can be use in writing. The writer has to be very careful while using slang in his/her writing as they may not be always appropriate. It is, therefore, imperative for a writer to first understand the meaning and usage of the slang. However, it is advisable to avoid such language in academic writing and any other formal letters. This website provides a great deal of information regarding slangs, their meaning, and use.
- Grammar Girl: This online proofreading tool proves to be very beneficial for writers of any kind. If an individual has doubts regarding any tense, verbs, words or anything related to grammar, then this site is very useful and can answer any sort of grammar-related Grammar girl also proofread your content for any spelling or grammar errors, word style, sentence structure and others related mistakes. This site also provides useful tips to improve grammar and its usage.
- WriteRoom: If you have something to write, but unable to express it in words or write it well, then in such case, this website is the solution to your problem. This website guides you to write effectively with a free mind and also keep you focused. This site helps the user to write quality content with precise and clear language in a short period of time.
- The Purdue Writing Lab: This online writing tool aims at improving the quality of writing by correcting errors as well as providing explanations to any writing related queries. This tool not only corrects the grammar and spelling errors but also provides valuable suggestions and advice on writing varied content such as essays, thesis, coursework, article or blog, formal letters, It can be said that this tool is beneficial for all (professionals, students, experienced writers, etc.).
- Learning Oasis: An individual intending to improve his/her English can take help of this website. With the help of this tool, one can practice reading and writing English, as well as any other vocabulary related activities. This is customized learning platform that help the user to enhance his/her writing skills through varied practical exercises. However, some exercises are quite hard for the beginners, but if one continues, eventually he/she will surely notice an improvement in writing English. Learning Oasis is effective platform for the people who are learning English.
- Thesaurus.com: This tool is one of the most popular among people who are intending to improve their English language and expanding their vocabulary range. As well, this tool provides a great deal of assistance in making the writing effective i.e. clear, systematic and error-free. Besides this, Thesaurus.com also proves to be of great help when the user wants to express his views and thoughts in different ways in writing. This site has wide vocabulary range in its collection and, therefore, can provide synonyms and antonyms of any word that one need to know. However, it is important for a writer to be cautious while using this tool, as many a time, synonyms may have similar meaning, but they can’t be used in every situation.Therefore, it is advisable for user to first check the meaning of word in order to ensure that it means exactly what is supposed to say, otherwise it may confuse reader and prevent them to understand the views that writer supposed to express in writing. Moreover, it may also affect the quality of content to a great extent.
These online sources providing us great help in content writing So individuals must try to focus on writing according the guidelines of grammar. The well written content on any topic will provide proper flow to sentences. You can also take help of proofreaders and editors for grammar check because manual proofreading and editing will give perfection to your content.